Description: - Delays implementing the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Employer Mandate are nearly past and it’s about to get real – really fast! The first year of the ACA is almost complete and enrollment on the Covered California exchange for year two is about to begin. And the new procedural and reporting requirements employers must meet are right around the corner. This session presents an overview of important new responsibilities that employers face – from establishing the measurement periods for determining employee status, tracking hours for part-time and variable hour employees, reporting under Internal Revenue Code sections 6055 and 6056, dealing with Covered California’s 1411 Certifications, and providing employees with timely required statements. Effective compliance with these requirements is critical to minimize exposure to employer penalties and maintain positive employee relations. We’ll also cover public employer solutions for integrating and automating records, and how to prepare for IRS audits.
Presenter: Laurie LoFranco
Assistant Vice President, Keenan Associates
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the ACA Employer Mandate compliance timeline for 2015 and 2016, and identify the key employer requirements.
2. Know how measurement periods apply for ongoing and new employees, including variable and seasonal employees, and the criteria for determining status as an ACA Full Time Employee.
3. Comprehend the timing and requirements for filing IRC sections 6055 and 6056 reporting.
4. Understand the timing for providing statements to employees under the 6055 and 6056 requirements and Covered California Certifications.
5. Identify best practices for maintaining records and documentation that may be needed for audit purposes.
Lunch Options: Chicken or Vegetarian
11:00 Registration opens
11:30 Lunch is served
12:00 Presentation begins
Please RSVP by October 28, 2014
Register and pay via Paypal by clicking link OR
RSVP to Minerva Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org (include your lunch option)
Cancellations after October 28 and/or No-Shows will still be invoiced and payment due.
Contact Russ Quan, Vice-President of Programs at (818) 548-2110